Chinese Business Etiquette
Chinese Business Etiquette Lessons are designed for those who are or will be involved in business activities with Chinese people. The course will cover important Chinese business customs and practices.
- Business meetings (addressing business acquaintances by last name…)
- Seating arrangement and implications (never take the seat of honor voluntarily...)
- Business gift giving (never give a clock as a gift...)
- Dining etiquette (avoid putting chopsticks in a bowl vertically...)
- Drinking culture (toasting your glass lower than the glass of another person to show respect...)
- "Face culture" (losing face, saving face and giving face...)
- Managing relationships (business in China is usually viewed as relationship based...)
Sign up for a free trial now!
"I think you all do very well! Your delivery method is flawless and my teacher Margaret is great, and very patient with me. I will continue taking lessons with eChineseLearning for the foreseeable future! I really appreciate the opportunity to maintain my Chinese skills at an affordable cost-this is very important, because I'll be taking Chinese lessons regularly for a very long time-and with such high-quality teaching."
- Michael Hilton, a financial planner in an investment bank in the U.S.
Aug. 12, 2012
Aug. 12, 2012