Regular Chinese Lessons for Adults
Regular Chinese lessons for adults are designed to give learners systematic training in listening, speaking, reading and writing from our professional teachers, who have a wealth of Chinese language teaching (CLT) experience. Regular Chinese lessons are divided into 9 levels, ranging from Beginner level to Advanced level.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 1
- This level is for Chinese learners who have no or very limited prior knowledge of Chinese language and may not be able to read Chinese pinyin or characters. You may not know basic Chinese words, and find it difficult to answer simple questions in Chinese.
- You will study Chinese pronunciation and how to conduct basic conversations such as greetings, self-introduction, shopping (simple bargaining), food ordering, etc.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 2
- This level is for Chinese learners who can conduct basic conversations but the communication is somewhat dependent on repetition at a slower rate, or paraphrasing. You can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics. You can understand very short and simple texts a single phrase at a time.
- You will study topics such as asking directions and time, exchanging money, booking tickets and introducing family members and friends. You may learn basic structures of Chinese characters, if needed.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 3
- This level is for Chinese learners who can meet concrete communication needs, provided that such communication is clearly and somewhat slowly articulated. You can ask and answer questions and exchange ideas and information on familiar topics in predictable everyday situations.
- You will study topics such as hobbies, likes or dislikes, sports, travel plans, etc. You will practice to read some short essays. You may learn more structures of Chinese characters, if needed.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 4
- This level is for Chinese learners who can understand main points of clear and standard speech on familiar matters.
- You will study intermediate level topics including lifestyle, work routines, etc. Important vocabulary-building methods will also be taught.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 5
- This level is for Chinese learners who can communicate with some confidence on familiar routine and non-routine matters related to their interests and professional fields. You can exchange, check and confirm information, although some pauses and mistakes usually happen. And you can read straightforward factual texts on subjects related to your interest with a satisfactory level of comprehension.
- You will continue to learn intermediate level topics and will learn to read articles on a wide range of subjects related to routine and non-routine topics.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 6
- This level is for Chinese learners who can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction and sustained relationship with native speakers possible and somewhat effective without imposing strain on either party. You can read with a large degree of independence. You have a broad active reading vocabulary, but may experience some difficulty with low frequency idioms.
- You will learn upper-intermediate level topics and learn to narrate a story, describe events and ambitions, give detailed accounts of experiences, and describe feelings and reactions accurately.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 7
- This level is for Chinese learners who can use Chinese accurately and effectively on a wide range of topics. You can communicate spontaneously with good grammatical control without much sign of having to restrict what you want to say, although you can be hesitant as you search for patterns and expressions. You can read longer texts and gather information from different parts of a text with no difficulty.
- You will continue to study upper-intermediate level topics and learn to understand implicit meanings when interacting with native speakers.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 8
- This level is for Chinese learners who can understand a wide range of demanding topics, and recognize implicit meanings. You can express yourself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. You can understand lengthy, complex texts, whether or not they relate to your area of specialty, provided that you can reread difficult sections.
- You will learn advanced topics. And articles selected from newspaper, literary work, and Internet will also be read and discussed.
Regular Chinese Lessons Level 9
- This level is for Chinese learners who can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read. You can express yourself spontaneously, fluently and precisely. You can understand and interpret critically virtually all forms of the written language including abstract, structurally complex, or highly colloquial literary and non-literary writings.
- You will continue to learn advanced topics that appear in public media and writings. Your goal is to differentiate finer shades of meaning in extremely complex situations. And you will learn to write long theses to present your research findings.